party wall act surveyor
Hawkesford Estate Agent MD is a Party Wall Act Surveyor
July 10, 2017

James Hawkesford, our Managing Director, is a qualified party wall act surveyor meaning that he can act for property owners across Leamington, Warwick and Southam on work affecting a party wall.

A party wall divides the buildings of two owners with the boundary between ownerships usually positioned at the centre of the wall. Examples are walls between semi-detached or terraced houses or walls that form the boundary between two gardens.

Work affecting a party wall is covered by the Party Wall Act 1996. Type of work covered by the Act could include:

  • loft conversions in a semi-detached or terraced property
  • Removing chimney breasts that are attached to a party wall
  • Digging foundations to a new extension within 3m of a neighbouring or shared structure
  • Underpinning a party wall when building a basement extension

Each of these types of work needs the consent of the owner of the adjoining property before it can go ahead. If that consent isn’t given, then a Party Wall Surveyor needs to act on your behalf and arrange a ‘Party Wall Agreement’ to resolve the dispute.

Get in contact with us for more information.