Property auctions in Warwickshire –
sales under the hammer

If you want to sell your property quickly and have confidence that your buyer won’t change their mind at the last minute then an auction is a good option for you.

If your property is unusual or needs renovation conventional sales approaches might not attract the right buyers, but experienced renovators and landlords looking for project opportunities in an auction will see the potential of your property.

In many respects auctions for commercial properties are similar to residential property auctions although there are additional requirements to make sure that all relevant information is disclosed well in advance and that the terms of the sale are clear.

Work with the local experts

Hawkesford is the only property auctioneer in Warwick and Leamington with an established reputation for holding public property auctions.

We are always pleased to include more unusual properties in both residential and commercial markets as well as land.

Your property will be extensively marketed across our network of local offices and online before the sale to generate maximum attendance and interest on auction day.

How a property auction works

Interested buyers make bids in the auction room or online on the day of the sale and the highest bidder will buy the property. If multiple buyers are interested in your property the price can increase quickly and exceed your initial expectations.

Once the hammer falls the sale is binding for your buyer.

If the auction has taken place in person, your buyer must provide a 10% deposit and pay the remaining 90% within four weeks to complete the sale.

If the sale is online the winning bidder must pay an additional reservation fee to secure the sale on the day, which is normally about 5% of the purchase price. They must then exchange contracts within 28 days, and complete within another 28 days.

Typically, for commercial properties a deposit of 10% will be paid immediately with completion in four weeks.

Auctioneer – James Hawkesford

James is a fellow of the National Association of Valuers and Auctioneers (NAVA) and a qualified Chartered Surveyor. He has an excellent reputation for achieving good prices in the auction room. In 1991 his father started the Hawkesford business, which included property development, so James grew up immersed in the property market.

James says: “I’ve been brought up ‘old school’. My father was an old-fashioned surveyor and a great estate agent. In the business today I believe in combining traditional values with modern practices. Our family name is trusted locally. Everyone knew my father from when he set the business up and my ambition is to continue developing the company”.

Find out more about placing a lot in an auction

Fundraising auctions

A popular way to raise funds for charity is to hold an auction. Hiring a professional auctioneer will ensure you maximise your revenue opportunity. James Hawkesford has been conducting charity auctions for over 25 years from informal local sports events to thousand seat gala black-tie balls.

His unique auction skills will help to make sure you raise much-needed funds in a professional, fun and engaging way. It is a performance which means he is focused on making sure your event is successful for your charity and enjoyable for your guests.

If you would like to know more about charity auctions.

Latest News

Let the festivities beGIN

Let the festivities beGIN

This year we are celebrating 30 years in business. To mark the occasion we’ve worked with our Warwick office neighbours That Gin Company to distill our very own gin. Ali popped next door today to pick up the bottles.  She and Steve from That Gin Company have worked...

Magical properties mysteriously appear in Southam

Magical properties mysteriously appear in Southam

Looking for a six bedroom family home with five floors? How about a one bedroom stone cottage? Or a property with an extra bedroom under the stairs? We think the six bedroom Georgian town house will be in demand too. And for those wanting to get away from it all,...

Happy 30th Birthday to us!

Happy 30th Birthday to us!

We're celebrating this landmark with a look back to 1991. Firstly, some history - The company was set up by Malcolm Hawkesford in 1991, and grew into a multi office business. His son, James Hawkesford took over as head of the firm in 2008, the Warwick office is run by...

Get in touch

Please feel free to contact us should you have any questions, queries or suggestions – we would be happy to help.

LEAMINGTON SPA OFFICE
6 Euston Place,
Leamington Spa, CV32 4LN
01926 430 553
leamington@hawkesford.co.uk

SOUTHAM OFFICE
74 Coventry Street,
Southam, CV47 0EA
01926 811 848
southam@hawkesford.co.uk

WARWICK OFFICE
1 The Hughes, 24 – 26 Swan Street,
Warwick, CV34 4BJ
01926 411 480
warwick@hawkesford.co.uk

ALDERNEY OFFICE
Albert House Victoria Street,
Alderney, GY9 3TA
01481 822 211
alderney@hawkesford.co.uk